Pets are, unquestionably, an integral part of the family, so it’s only fair that they be included in holiday celebrations. Frankly, the best owners are the ones who purchase their furbabies stockings to hang up for Santa.
However, as angelic as our pets are, they can become complete monsters when it comes to the Christmas tree. In all fairness, the tree looks like a new toy climb and those ornaments are just asking for it.
So, pet parents have had to take some serious measures to protect their trees. Here are some loving pet owners who are NOT messing around with the safety of their Christmas trees this year.
1. These pet parents who were forced to get creative with cages.
4. The cat owners who resorted to unorthodox tree placement.
6. The brave souls who placed the ornaments just out of reach.
8. The disciplinarians who punished bad behavior with scary Santa costumes.
So my dad told me he had to dog proof the Christmas tree...this was not what I expected... pic.twitter.com/Udr8zA6f8h— Lura Gamrath (@lgam07) December 6, 2016
12. The geniuses who turned to the evil vacuum cleaners for help.
14. And, lastly, the defeated pet owners who settled for makeshift Christmas trees this year.